Performing the factory recommended first service is critical to ensuring the long-term reliability or your motorcycle. This small investment will allow our technicians to inspect your bike for any potential warning signs and improper adjustment before it leads to costly repairs.
First Service Times:
- 2-Hours @ $104.00 per hour
1190 / 1290 Adventure(R) / Duke (620 MILES)
- Read out the trouble code memory using the KTM diagnostics tool.
- Check the functioning of the electrical equipment.
- Change the engine oil and oil filter and clean the oil screens.
- Check the brake discs.
- Check the front brake linings.
- Check the rear brake linings.
- Retighten the spokes.
- Check the rim run-out.
- Check the tire condition.
- Check the tire air pressure.
- Check the rear brake fluid level.
- Check the shock absorber and fork for leaks.
- Perform a fork service and shock absorber service as needed and depending on how the vehicle will be used.
- Check the chain tension
- Check the brake lines for damage and leakage.
- Check the brake fluid level of the front brake.
- Check the coolant level in the compensating tank.
- Check that the radiator fan is functioning properly.
- Check the steering head bearing play.
- Check the headlight setting.
- Final check: Check the vehicle for roadworthiness and take a test ride.
- Read out the error memory after the test ride using the KTM diagnostics tool.
- Check the CO adjustment with the KTM diagnostics tool.
- Reset the service interval display.
- Make the service entry in the KTM Dealer.net and in the Service and Warranty Booklet.