Performing the factory recommended first service is critical to ensuring the long-term reliability or your motorcycle. This small investment will allow our technicians to inspect your bike for any potential warning signs and improper adjustment before it leads to costly repairs.
First Service Times:
- 2-Hours @ $104.00 per hour
690 / 701 ENDURO / SUPERMOTO (621.4 MILES)
- Check that the electrical equipment is functioning correctly.
- Read out the fault memory using the KTM diagnostics tool.
- Change the engine oil and filter, clean the oil screens.
- Check the front brake linings.
- Check the rear brake linings.
- Check the brake discs.
- Check the brake lines for damage and leakage.
- Check the rear brake fluid level.
- Check the free travel of the foot brake lever.
- Check that the shock absorber and fork are leak tight. If necessary and depending on use, service the fork and shock absorber.
- Check the tire condition.
- Check the tire air pressure.
- Check the spoke tension.
- Check for rim run-out.
- Check the chain tension.
- Grease all moving parts (e.g. side stand, hand lever, chain, ...) and check for smooth operation.
- Check the brake fluid level of the front brake.
- Check the play of the steering head bearing.
- Change fuel screen.
- Check the antifreeze and coolant level.
- Check the screws and nuts for tightness.
- Check the headlight setting.
- Check that the radiator fan is functioning properly.
- Final check: Check the vehicle for roadworthiness and take a test ride.
- Read out the fault memory using the KTM diagnostics tool after a test ride.
- Make the service entry in the KTM Dealer.net and in the Service and Warranty Booklet.